It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: VG Pacer wheel size and offset
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:33 am 

Looking at purchasing new wheels for my VG Pacer. I am interested in these Boyd Coddington Junkyards in black...
http://www.seven82motors.com.au/wheel/boyd-coddington-junk-yard-dogs/#.WHoSJZJiTBI
I have seen an unmodified vg with 20s but looked like a very tight fit, and not sure on drivability.
I have also noted that these wheels can be bought in different offsets / backspace.
http://hotrodsbyboyd.com/wheels/cast-series/dynamic-duo/
I don't mind the look of lower profile tyres, to be able to fit larger wheels, but am wondering what size can be fit without major modifications (might be willing to roll guards if necessary but not tubing).
I am learning towards 18x7 fronts, 18x8 rears, but am wondering if these will fit, and what offsets work or even if bigger is possible. From what I understand the Pacers can go an inch wider on the rear than standard VGs?

I want big wheels with deep offset on back, and large but steerable front. Also have been looking at different lowering options. I know the front can be adjusted lower with stock parts in place, and rear done cheap with blocks on the leafs. Before you all shoot me for sacrificing performance, It is intended more as a cruiser. Love to hear what people have fit, details and photos if possible. Thanks everyone.