It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:32 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: Winners and grinners
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:43 am 
Site Admin

Huge thanks to everyone that participated and supported the event, big thanks to the sponsors, also the QCA members that helped out before, during and after, the Warwick crew who did a great job with only a couple of glitches along the way especially the computer meltdown first up sunday morning which delayed the start of racing, but the main thing that made it all so good is all the great cars racing.
And all those guys that had worked day and night to have there cars there and on track in the weeks leading up to the event, no doubt with compromises and consequences in other areas of their lives, Punisher, Cudachall, Acemopar, VG371 and the guys that helped them out with parts, advice and services, Misty, Steve O, Ace, Ian and whoever else along the way that helped their Mopar mates get their cars there for a good time.
I will post up all the official results as soon as I find them again, and there will be more photos to go up later.

Post subject: Re: Winners and grinners
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:05 am 

Hey Darryl like i said in another thread what a top event even though the cars not runninig properly[prob a good thing being a new motor i wasnt reving over 4800rpm] i still had a lot of fun,i came so close to leaving it at home but im glad i didnt.i'll get this ignition prob sorted put some more road miles on it then it mite be time for some slicks :shock: :lol: anyway thanks again to everyone who helped me along the way im sure i'll have a lot more ?s and need a bit of help but what i've seen so far thats what this clubs all about and yeah the bugs really got hold of me now :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:13 am 

Just like to thank Darrell and Shaun and all the helpers in the back ground for all the hard work that goes in to make this weekend what it is.

I had a ball.

Many thanks
Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:16 am 

Ay Darryl next year can we forget the tree for a round or too and have arm drop. After watching pinks all out on Foxtel i think it would be something to spice it up a little. When they thought the tree wasn't working a few arm drop rounds would have got some cars through. Just an idea but I think it would add a bit more entertainment,

I had an awesome weekend with the ute running well and I'm looking forward to next year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am 

Hey guys, just wana thank the club for an awesome weekend. Was my first time dragging, was also gona leave the car at home but guys like shaun and mark convinced me to have a go and im glad i did had an absolute ball and hope to be back next year with a bit more hp :) just wana give a big thanks to mark and ash knowles who sacrificed their time to help get my carby fitted few days before the drags. had a few issues at one stage but got it done in the end. appreciate it alot guys you do a great job. Always willing to give advice and time for others when in need. Cheers guys. thanks again QCA having a great time in this awesome club :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 pm 

Yes it was a top weekend! Sorry i left early Darryl but my ride was keen to go and i didnt take too much convincing :wink:
Less drinking next year for me....... I too would like to thank all the organizers who made it all happen. Also a huge thankyou go,s out to SteveO,Misty,Dave,Kal and whoever else helped me to have my car up and running!!!!! You guys all Rock :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah its all good fun, still waiting on Jo to email me the winners, top qualifyers sheets although I do remember most of them from the presentations but wanted to get the sheets so I didn't cock it up,
but I know young Josh (rgl77) won the biggest class which was the street class on his very first time racing, in a stock standard (350 holley) 245 CL sedan, which just goes to show how bracket racing works. You can be the slowest car in the class but if you cut good lights and run close to your dial in you end up going home with the winners trophy and 100$ cash. I know Mark from racers old skool educated him on lights and dial in and he paid attention and it worked. I think Steve Griffith in their wicked Challenger was runner up in street, Ian helped Nancy in the 300C with her dial in and she went home with the runner up trophy in powder puff, Sue Griffith won that class for the second year running. Young Ash took out the best reaction trophy with a perfect light, Ace was runner up in Super street for the second year running, Milton Styler was on form and took out that class, the dark green hornet won Quick E/T I think but need the sheets for his name so well done all the trophy and cash takers, as soon as we have the official sheets I'll put them up properley with the top qualifyers and show winners.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:30 pm 
Site Admin

265_vk_ute wrote:
Ay Darryl next year can we forget the tree for a round or too and have arm drop. After watching pinks all out on Foxtel i think it would be something to spice it up a little. When they thought the tree wasn't working a few arm drop rounds would have got some cars through. Just an idea but I think it would add a bit more entertainment,

I had an awesome weekend with the ute running well and I'm looking forward to next year

Nice idea Ash, but too easy to get the jump, whats a red light with the arm drop? I've watched pinks but they were using a tree, actually the way to do what you're suggesting would be with the pro tree, maybe we could have a little heads up pro tree grudge round some where in the weekend, then theres no arguement, flash and go.
I'll add it to the list of things to look into for next year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:12 pm 

:shock: Guys i have raced pro tree a few times and it is awsome fun ,maybe during the saterday we could change the lights for a couple hours.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:42 pm 

ute265III wrote:
265_vk_ute wrote:

Nice idea Ash, but too easy to get the jump, whats a red light with the arm drop? I've watched pinks but they were using a tree, actually the way to do what you're suggesting would be with the pro tree, maybe we could have a little heads up pro tree grudge round some where in the weekend, then theres no arguement, flash and go.
I'll add it to the list of things to look into for next year.

I think it would be more of a fun thing than serious. You could do it on the Saturday, match up cars time (of cars that want to compete), stage the cars with the lights and just do an arm drop to start. It would be good for the grudge match thing we talked about. You really can see if a car jumps early.

Also the pro tree would be good to try as I think that would be harder than the arm drop. As you saw on Sat there was some times when the start line got really quiet. This would just add another twist to the weekend.

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:52 pm 

Hey guys and gals just like to thank everyone for a top weekend the new toy went well we thought seeing as we just got it and havnt even tuned it or change the oil or plugs yet. Sue ran 9.597 and I ran 9.590 both at 71.99 mph so the car is pretty consistant and so were we. just had a total blast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:16 pm 
Site Admin

Official results
BRACKET NAME
STREET

WINNER JOSH DIMITRIOUS
RUNNER UP RYAN ODONNELL

SUPER STREET
WINNER MILTON STYLER
RUNNER UP MARK AYSON

QUICK ET
WINNER LEO ROTHSTEIN
RUNNER UP JUSTIN SIMPSON

POWDER PUFF
WINNER SUE GRIFFITH
RUP NANCY CLARKE

TOP QUALIFIER
STREET RAY ROSS
SUPER STREET PETER JOHNSON
QUICK ET JUSTIN SIMPSON
POWDER PUFF STEVE GRIFFITH

BEST RT ASHLEY KNOWLES 0.400

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:07 am 

Ute265III

If it is possible, and you don't mind, can you put up pictures of the winning cars for those who don't know everyone's names?

Gary

Last edited by Dodge 400 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:34 pm 

Pleased you guy's had a great time over the weekend, well done Darryl and the QCA for what reads like a successful event.
Looking forward to an article on the weekend in Chrysler Action.
Roll on MoparSunday.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 pm 

Its been a week today since we went to moparmuscle 2011, heads been in a spin.
It was a big couple of weeks leading up the the event for most of us.
some more than others, but a great effort to eveyone who attended.
Hats of to all the people who done all the lots of behind the scenes work to get this rolling
again for another year .Top weekend.
The weather played fair. Warm to hot but not sweaty and humid. Best of all no rain
(it looked touch and go the week building up)
To everone who turned up were all Winners and grinners.
Peter. :D