It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:05 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Weekend program and entry form
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm 

had a good weekend, finally stayed till the end this year "just" a big congrats to the whole team and well done ian the grand champion, couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke, my best time was an 8.2@ 88mph, the 3.5 gears with 28.00 tyres were a bit big, hit the 1/8 mile at 6000 in 2nd gear, gunna put some 3.9 gears and a bigger cam for mopar sunday cheers

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:12 pm 

another fantastic long weekend arrived friday arvo left monday morning had a great time ran both cars no probs with them congrates to all the winners and runner ups well done good to see alot of new cars well done nic you did great thanks everyone for a great time

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:22 pm 

Gday all, we had a great weekend even though there was a failure with the charger. It had a rod let go and punch a hole in the block in the pits on the Saturday. I didn’t make it into the lanes but it did give me the chance to shoot a bit of video over the weekend that I will post in the next day or two.
I’ve got to say a huge thankyou to a lot of people who helped deal with the car and helped myself, my wife Sally and my daughter get home to Maroochydore on Sunday.
Gary (Dodge 400) for letting me keep the car at your place.
Dave Dart for getting the car to Garys place on his tilt tray.
Nathan (I hope that’s right mate), Gary’s young bloke for going with Dave to show the way. I know you both missed a few passes so thank you.
Steve (oldhemi265) and that funny looking old bloke you were hanging around with for an alternate place to keep the car.
Mark Knowles and BJ for a plan to get the car back home.
Doug and Cathy Knowles for dropping the 3 of us at our doorstep in Maroochydore in time for dinner on Sunday.
Ash, Pete, Josh, Steve (challenger 340), Trent, Lyndley and others for their support.

I think in the future I will be trailering the car to events :) …….just in case.

I am hunting for an e48 block, does anyone have one or know someone that has one that they would consider selling? I will build up another motor with a standard block and run it like that but I would like it to have an e48 block.

The event itself was awesome. It was the first time I have been and I was really impressed with everything about it. The weather was perfect all weekend . The racing was close and pretty much non stop from start to finish. It was great to watch with some impressive burnouts….one in particular :) . The track and grounds were really well prepared, the amenities were good and the hamburgers were delicious. Saturday night was great fun and the band was more than I expected. My 7 year old had a ball on her bike all weekend and she got to toast a few marshmallows on the bonfire which she loved.

Congratulations to everyone who competed, especially those who won a class. Congratulations also to the organisers for putting on such a well run event. We’ll be back again next time for sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

We all felt your pain John, and Ace (Tresurer) sorted it out with the sympathetic Warwick crew and has your race entry fee to refund to you, since you didn't make it onto the track.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:27 pm 

Thanks - I will put it towards some new rod bolts :)

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:45 am 

Hey all - I was taking pictures of everything for Chrysler Action mag rather than working on my Dodge on the weekend. Was good to chat with a lot of you and catch up with Adam and Dustyn from Mackay again.

While the mag will print a selection of photos, definitely not the 500 odd I took over the Sunday event, here's a link to my FB page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dion-Newc ... 3521888756

If you're on there, tag whomevers car is in the photos so people can see their rides!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:17 pm 

Top weekend as usual and well run event. thanks to the Warwick crew. i like the burnt out screens for the cars in the staging lanes , Pillowbank should adopt their idea.
I live closer than most this side of Warwick and know what it took to get there for the weekend, so a big hats off to all who attended especially the guys from Mackay and Townsville (who are prob not home yet)
Mammoth effort for travelling down,the fuel costs,and time off work ect, well done. good to see you guys.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:19 pm 

VG371 wrote:
so a big hats off to all who attended especially the guys from Mackay and Townsville (who are prob not home yet)
Mammoth effort for travelling down,the fuel costs,and time off work ect, well done. good to see you guys.

We got back to my place abt when you made this post.
We left Cal and DaveDart's place at 4.30pm yesterday arvo after some serious trailer axle repairs.
Matt in the 65 Fury is heading home tomorrow morning.
Another 6 hours north!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:30 pm 

Had a hoot well done all.

Last edited by vgpacer1970 on Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm 

Heading to mopar muscle
Camping
Racing
Ran the car all weekend 6500-7000 RPM all weekend then towed the van home.......

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:07 pm 

Just got home.
Replaced two "antique" tyres on the "Campervan of Love"left Brissie with Ken &Matt &Cal,stayed at Lorens olds in Bundy then headed home today .150ks from home dipper switch lets go and lights stuck on high beam...roadside butchery and swapping wires meant low beam only ,so a sedate drive home.
All good ,part of the journey.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 am 

Rescue mission!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:17 am 

Good to see you two are smiling for a change.
Gary

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:19 am 

Someone never tied the winch cables up properly last time they were used, they came loose on the trip out and destroyed themselves, had to jury rig with some jumper cables and bolts to get the winch working.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 am 

Gary, Mark and BJ - once again thank you very much.

I picked the car up from Marks yesterday and got it home after avoiding all of the wet weather idiots on the highway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next