It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:58 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 2014 Program
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

2014 Week end program

Finally all the pieces of the puzzle are in and committed. The format we have had the last couple of years has worked pretty well to provide a full weekend of Mopar fun while maintaining the relaxed atmosphere and family friendly environment we like.

As usual everyone is welcome to arrive and setup from Friday morning onwards. If you prefer motel accommodation to camping I will post up a list of possible places.

Sat- We will take the cars and people into town for a 2 hour public display from 10-12 to be held in Leslie Park. This gives the Warwick crew time to get set up, get the track prepped and everything organised for scrutineering etc.
Upon our return at 12 we need to have our completed entry forms ready with payment at the gate. This will ensure speedy re entry, rather than having to wait for people to fill out forms at the gate. The entry form willl be available very soon, it is ready but I’m waiting on a web guy to fix an upload issue so I can post it up. It will also be printed in our next club mag, and/or I can email it to you if you want. The main thing is-either pre enter and pay beforehand, or have the form with you filled out ready to go, hand it over and pay at the gate.

Track on 12-5pm Qualifying, practice- as many runs as you want There will be a short break mid arvo when we do the kids pushbike/scooter races down the track, using the tree. All kids are welcome to have a go, and will get medals at Sundays trophy presentation
Track time finishes at 5pm Saturday.

Sat 7.30pm Social evening with live band and bonfire til 11.30

Sunday 10am -11am Warm up, practice runs.
11am -2pm Racing
2.30 trophy presentations

There is also a fully supervised and free jumping castle onsite all weekend for the kids.

Racing
Brackets are as follows,
STREET cars slower than 8.5 seconds
SUPERSTREET 7.00 – 8.49 sec
QUICK E/T 6.99 and faster.
POWDERPUFF girls only.

All racing on Sunday is Chicago Shootout format-everyone races 3 rounds regardless of win/lose, most wins/closest to dial in will be in finals.
Winners-$ 100cash and trophy
Runner up $50 cash and trophy

Thanks to Ken from Civilquip all finalists (winners and runnerups) will have the opportunity to race off to decide 2014 Grand Champion.
Overall winner will take home a further $250 cash and Grand Champion 2014 trophy.

Thanks to Shaun from Rapid Fabrication everyone who makes passes on Saturday, and fronts for their 3 rounds of racing on Sunday (regardless of win/lose) will go into the draw to win a pair of custom made Rapid Fab street mufflers valued at over $450.

Post subject: Re: 2014 Program
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

I can't get the entry form loaded at the moment but we will be putting it in the next club mag, but also you can pm me here, or email ute265@bigpond.net.au and I can email or snail mail you one. We are not so much after pre entries but more just trying to make it easy to have filled out ready to go when you get there.
No entry price changes from last year, full weekend race entry including camping is 90$, second driver for Powder Puff using same car is only 50, spectator entry for the whole weekend including camping is 30$, kids are free and jumping castle, bonfire, live band etc are all included in entry.

Also remember normal ANDRA safety regs apply for non ANDRA licensed racers. Long sleeves, long pants, covered footwear and compliant helmet with the silver and red safety sticker with the 5 ticks, I think from memory its ANZS 1698.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 pm 

Good man, thanks for the info Darryl.

Man I'm keen to get my donk in for this! But I reckon we will run out of time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

You can do it, you have a responsibility to the wider Mopar community because you own such a cool car.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:07 pm 

The weather forecast for the weekend is looking rather ominous. Tops of 16 only for both Saturday and Sunday with rain and frost forecast :roll:

I'm praying that they are really off the mark on this one

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 pm 

You can still run with "Wets" yeh?..will be entertaining to say the least... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

classic ap6 wrote:
The weather forecast for the weekend is looking rather ominous. Tops of 16 only for both Saturday and Sunday with rain and frost forecast :roll:

I'm praying that they are really off the mark on this one

Not sure where you're looking but mine says a possible shower Saturday 10% percent chance of less than 1 mm low of 8-top of 15degrees, Sunday is frost then fine and sunny 4 to 17 degrees also with a slim chance of very light shower. Basically, they don't know, bring warm clothes and blankets, it means it will be cool but fine and mostly sunny with next to no chance of any light sprinkes whatsoever.
Your prayers have already worked- thats fast!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:37 pm 

looks like I may need the mankini to keep me warm, too cold for naked quarter mile runs again :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Not long been off the phone with the Warwick crew and the weather is looking good down there for the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:38 pm 

ute265III wrote:
Not long been off the phone with the Warwick crew and the weather is looking good down there for the weekend.

It looks to me like it's going to be clear, fine and farkin cold on saturday night. I'm thinking the Jamesons might see off the cold a bit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

yes, thats about right. The big bonfire will offer warmth on the outside, but jamiesons, JD's, whatever it takes that warms you from the inside will be required. That reminds me, I'd better let the band know since they're coming from the Gold Coast..

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:58 pm 

Yep leave the racing slicks at home just bring the snow chains :o

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 pm 

We're leaving Kingaroy around 9:30am tomorrow (Friday) morning, should be at Warwick by 2:00pm to set up caravan etc. See you there.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm 

We might see you on the road. Leaving Maroochydore at 1030 or 1100.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Alls looking good, few guys up there already and weather is clearing like down here. I have had phone calls from all over the place so it should be a good weekend. A few people have asked about Sundays show and shine details,
The show runs in conjunction with the racing, starting around 10.30 through until about 2 when the trophy presentations occur.
The show is a causal affair however there are winner and runner up trophies for,
Best US Mopar
Best Aussie
Best Original
Best Modern
it doesn't cost anything it put your car in it once you have payed your spectator entry which is only 10$ per day plus camping if camping.
My number is 0415 861 361 if anyone needs it.
I'm locked and loaded and leaving now, there are a few more still coming today and Dionne and Shaun contacted me, they are leaving from Bris southside tomorrow morning if anyones keen to cruise convoy style then text them on 0419 157 392