It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject: 1976 Cl for sale
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm 

1976 CL Chrysler Valiant - priced to sell

245 ⁄ 3 speed auto. 142000 kms

With a lot of regret I'm selling the Valiant I was never going to sell.

The body is the reason I bought this car, its got very little rust. There is some under the rear screen and under the windscreen has been the victim of a fairly average repair. Very fixable and typical of these cars (I think some came factory like this). It'd be very easy to clean up.

Its had the front suspension and steering completely rebuilt using quality parts and money, including new heavier duty torsion rods and koni adjustable suspension. Its got a whiteline sway bar and drives really well. It also comes with all the parts to rebuild the rear – including some mopar performance springs and koni shocks, as well as a sway bar.

Its got a rebuilt carby and the old 245 is healthy. It runs well, its got a few leaks like most of these things do, but nothing that take away from the way it drives.

The paint is average at best, its original and parts have certainly lost their shine, however the car presents well for a survivor just under 40 years old. The body overall is very straight with some minor blemishes.

The interior is very good, the seats are in excellent condition, no cracks in the dash however the passengers side carpet has rotted due to a heater core leak, easily and cheaply replaceable.

Its had a few owners, and one of them (a young guy from Sydney I think) did the bonnet scoop ⁄ black treatment on it. It comes with a spare bonnet to be painted if that isn't your thing.

This isn't a car to use for parts, its a good solid and easy restorer. I was going to give it the works treatment however I'd like to free up the money to go overseas.

Post subject: Re: 1976 Cl for sale
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:05 pm 

Sad to see your selling. Hope you get what you need. Mark